Sunday, June 22, 2014

Eating at The Spot on Eagle Mountain Lake, Fort Worth

I hate to knock a place that's trying, but The Spot on Eagle Mountain Lake in Fort Worth, Texas needs to step back just a little.

First of all, the people were nice, and I have no problem with the décor (beat-up beach), or the fact that there's a pool table and arcade games, although I wish the arcade games had been around the corner where the noise would not have been quite so intrusive. I grew up on the Gulf Coast, and such places were pretty common.

The restaurant has ample parking during the day, and, while I cannot say for sure, I can imagine it being a bit full on a busy night when the brew-sic and music are combining to lure a crowd. Inside seating is limited and is mainly rustic tables and benches (no padding or backs) capable of seating about six to a table.

My wife is disabled, and, if we had known about the seating, we probably not have eaten there. It's rough on her.

On the other hand, there is a good view of Eagle Mountain Lake with outside seating.

In addition to the bench seating, we went to The Spot based on their website (http://www.thespotoneaglemountainlake.com/) which mentioned BBQ, but, when we got there, we learned from our server, Liza (who was very nice to us, by the way) that they no longer served BBQ.

The menu is mainly American food and about what you would expect at a local, lakeside restaurant.

Therefore, I went with chicken-fried steak with coleslaw and fries, while my wife chose fried catfish.

Before I go further, let me say that the food was delicious and the portions were large. I will be finishing my wife's fish tonight.

However, it took a long time to get our food, and my food was lukewarm, and my wife said that hers was warm, but not hot. My first cup of coffee was also just lukewarm, and REALLY on the strong side. The second cup was much better.

I would eat there again if I was in the area at mealtime, but would not go over there specifically to eat.

They apparently have live entertainment, local mainly, but I am not sure of the schedule. Although the menu on their website needs updating, there are some good pictures which will give you a feel for the place.

The Spot
9307 Boat Club Rd
Fort Worth, TX 76179
(817) 236-4600
www.thespotoneaglemountainlake.com

The Spot on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment