Monday, June 30, 2014

Almost Missed Out on Citrus (Seafood) Bistro in Colleyville, Texas

The lady asked us why we decided to eat at the Citrus Seafood Bistro today, and we told the truth.

Turns out the restaurant we had intended to go to is closed on Mondays. Therefore, my wife did a quick search on her phone and found this restaurant nearby.

It was a happy accident.

Before I go further, let me point out that I am still slightly confused as to whether it is the Citrus Seafood Bistro, or the Citrus Bistro, but that's not really important.

The décor is relaxed and subdued but colorful enough to liven things up a bit. My wife pointed out that most of the colors were "citrus-y". Of course, I had to ask which citrus fruit is black (the color of the ceiling).

The people were very nice. We were greeted by Nanou Viriot. The chef is Didier Viriot, who has had an extensive career in Europe and in the Dallas area. The restaurant tries to present a high-class impression, but we ordinary folk (who sometimes stop at the Jack in the Box near our house for fast food for dinner) were relaxed with the staff who treated us in a friendly manner.

The Citrus Bistro presents itself as a French - Mediterranean restaurant which specializes in Seafood. There seemed to be a wide selection of food available, not all of which seemed to be French or Mediterranean, but, since I had been lured in by the word "seafood", I chose the "PAN SEARED CRAB CAKE Orange and Port Wine Reduction served with House Salad". My wife chose "CREPE DU PECHEUR Mixed Seafood Crepe with Lobster Sauce".

Don't get me wrong. The food was delicious, "plated" and presented well, and the prices were reasonable for the type of cuisine they serve.

However, I am a meat and potatoes, or at least meat with lots of veggies, kind of guy, and I probably should have ordered two crab cakes to actually satisfy my appetite. The spinach and baby greens salad did not quite satisfy me either, but, then again, I don't do leafy greens if given an option.

On the other hand, I probably would have been more satisfied with my wife's order, which, she assured me, was delicious and perfectly prepared. I'm jealous. I got spinach and baby greens, and she got grilled veggies...which she also assured me were delicious.

Overall, a pleasant experience and will probably be repeated so that I can test some of the other items on the menu.

They do have a wine bar and apparently sponsor or participate in events, and regularly have live entertainment. They have recently moved to Colleyville from a Dallas location they had occupied for several years.

5005 Colleyville Blvd#240
Colleyville, TX 76034
Tel. 817 281 6282
Website: www.citrusbistro.com

Hours of Operation:

Lunch • Monday - Saturday: 11AM - 2 PM

Dinner • Monday - Saturday: 5 PM - 10 PM

Brunch • Sunday: 11AM - 3PM


Happy Hours:

Monday - Friday: 4PM - 7 PM

Citrus Bistro on Urbanspoon





No comments:

Post a Comment