Friday, June 24, 2016

Oak Creek Campground, Walton, KY

Oak Creek Campground is possibly one of the best campgrounds you can find near Cincinnati, Ohio.

Located in Kentucky, just off of I-75, at Exit 175. Just take the road in front of the Flying J Truck Stop, and you will be led there. Be careful, however, the road is narrow and winding and the right turn to the camp entrance comes up fast around a curve, at the bottom of a hill, just before a bridge.

IF YOU ARE COMING NORTH ON I-71, DO NOT EXIT WHERE YOU SEE THE OAK CREEK CAMPGROUND SIGN. GO TO I-75 AND GO SOUTH TO EXIT 175.

This is because coming from that direction puts you on narrow, winding roads with crazy drivers. Additionally, coming that way, from I-71, there is a very hard left turn to the road the campground is on, and, as it happened the day I arrived, local drivers can be very unforgiving and thoughtless.

I accidentally came that way, and had to wait for a car to pull out of the road before I could turn. A driver behind me, rather than waiting, shot around me, temporarily blocking the turning car and causing dangerous situation.

Take the I-75 exit.

Oak Creek Campground is relatively secluded, although part of it lies close enough to a fairly busy road to pick up some road noise. As I type this, however, there is no noise from the road.

Although Oak Creek handles everything from tents to big motor homes and fifth wheels, providing reliable electric, water, a fairly decent WIFI, and a small selection of cable channels, they do NOT offer sewer. They will come and PUMP YOUR TANKS once a week, on Monday, Wednesday, or Friday.

The people are nice, and there is a small general store available with beer, sodas, snacks, and basic RV supplies.

They do have some games and family-friendly activities, mainly live music at various times, and, there is a playground for kids. They are a pet friendly rv park with the standard rules....no excessive barking, pick up after, etc.

They also have a swimming pool (outdoors and seasonal), and a recreation area.

Prices are reasonable, and, they do offer discounts for AAA, Explorers, and Good Sam members. It is a good idea to call in advance for reservations. When I called, they were booked for my original dates, but, the manager was able to offer an alternative, and offered a lower rate for booking a week than a smaller block of days.

The Oak Creek Campground website is at http://www.oakcreekcampground.com/index.htm

13329 Oak Creek Rd. ● P.O. Box 161 ● Walton, KY 41094 ● (859) 485-9131

No comments:

Post a Comment